The key, however is to bring your fiercest fashion face forward without breaking your piggy bank. Check out these tips that will have you on the Fashion A-list while keeping it affordable.
- The trick to working any new season’s trends is to focus on buying a few key pieces and integrating them into your basic wardrobe. Going all out on a fashion can make you look like you’re trying too hard and can look more like costume than fashion. One key item, such as a statement necklace, can update your wardrobe completely and keep you on-trend the whole season through.
- This season’s key pieces are wrap waisted belts in soft tan, brown and black leathers which are absolutely perfect for creating curves where there are none or emphasizing tiny waists.
- To make your wardrobe last for the next season or so, consider your color choices carefully. According to the winter 2010 color trend report from Pantone (one of the major color trend predictors for designers), there's a major return to classic camel, as well as menswear-inspired gray and black. These muted tones are a great neutral backdrop that you can dress up with seasonally inspired accessories.
- Cost-per-wear is an important factor this season, too. You may not want to spend a few hundred dollars on it unless you know you will wear it to dozens of occasions. But if you find that IT bag, one you'll wear every single day to work -- then perhaps that is worth a more significant investment. Also a statement necklace that can bring last year's outfit back to fashion forward, may be worth looking into.
Buying key pieces you truly covet is, in the long run, more affordable than buying a bunch of inexpensive things you will replace each season. Shoes also fall into this category. Invest in a great pair of shoes that are super stylish and feel great so they'll take you the distance. (Quite literally!)
- If you buy online (a very smart way to shop), try to save by taking advantage of shipping deals and discounts on items that are usually not available in the retail stores. If you're super lucky you may find some are generous enough to even throw in a surprise FREE gift! Visit my online store for some must-have accessories, your entire order ships FREE and I always include a FREE gift! Click to go to Carol Rose Designs.